Be part of making AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN on the VIRGINIA PENINSULA.
$ Invested into Community
# of Grants Awarded
# of Non-Profits Partcipating
# of Community-based Volunteers
There are fundraisers, and then there are “FUN”draisers. Community Knights, hosts bingo games on Sundays and Wednesdays at the Columbian Center on Nettles Drive in Newport News; managing these great events with the help of volunteers. For the locals who are regulars, these games are a great way to spend time with friends old and new,possibly win a jackpot, and even more importantly, give back to the community.
Community Knights’ Grant Initiative Fundraising Team (GIFT) bingo fundraiser has awarded nearly $800,000 in grants to local high schools and civic organizations on the Virginia Peninsula since 2013. Being a part of this organization isn‘t just rewarding, it is a great way to connect and make friends in the community.
AND ITS FUN, JUST ASK OUR REGULARS!
Other Ways to get involved with Community Knights!
- Admin Volunteer Activities
- Assisting with basic back office tasks such as data entry and filing
- Running errands
- Moving records in and out of storage areas
- Preparing materials for promotional events
- Assist with inventory
- Setting up and manning a table at a local event and sharing with people about opportunities within Community Knights (both volunteer and for local 501(c)3s and public school groups)
- Assisting with scheduling promotional events
- Providing feedback to Community Knights’ staff on promotional events and suggestions on how to improve them.