Be part of making AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN on the VIRGINIA PENINSULA.
$ Invested into Community
# of Grants Awarded
# of Non-Profits Partcipating
# of Community-based Volunteers
All over Hampton Roads, people from all different walks of life, find time to make a difference and connect with others. They volunteer with an organization to get involved with a mission that brings together a sense of COMMUNITY, FRIENDSHIP, and FUN.
I have made connections to some amazing people through volunteering here, that never would have happened anywhere else.
There are fundraisers, and then there are “FUN”draisers. Community Knights, hosts bingo games on Sundays and Wednesdays at the Columbian Center on Nettles Drive in Newport News; managing these great events with the help of volunteers. For the locals who are regulars, these games are a great way to spend time with friends old and new, possibly win a jackpot, and even more importantly, give back to the community.
Community Knights’ Grant Initiative Fundraising Team (GIFT) bingo fundraiser in its first 5 years has awarded over a million dollars in grants to local high schools and civic organizations on the Virginia Peninsula since 2013. Being a part of this organization isn‘t just rewarding, it is a great way to connect and make friends in the community.
AND ITS FUN, JUST ASK OUR REGULARS!
Ways to get involved with Community Knights!
- Admin Volunteer Activities
- Assisting with basic back office tasks such as data entry and filing
- Running errands
- Moving records in and out of storage areas
- Preparing materials for promotional events
- Assist with inventory
- Setting up and manning a table at a local event and sharing with people about opportunities within Community Knights (both volunteer and for local 501(c)3s and public school groups)
- Assisting with scheduling promotional events
- Providing feedback to Community Knights’ staff on promotional events and suggestions on how to improve them.