Volunteer for Community Knights!Be part of making AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN on the VIRGINIA PENINSULA.
$ Invested into Community
# of Grants Awarded
# of Non-Profits Partcipating
# of Community-based Volunteers
Goals of the Community Knights Volunteer Team
Build a diverse team of Community Based Volunteers to work large scale fundraisers in the community that fund a quarterly grant pool which funds programs that enhance and improve the community of the Virginia Peninsula.
Create a volunteer force to raise 1 million dollars a year that will be invested in local 501(c)3 and public school projects and programs that directly benefit the citizen of the Virginia Peninsula.
Why should you volunteer?
- Building relationships with a diverse group of people from all over the Virginia Peninsula.
- Development of multiple skill sets as you receive training in many areas as you work with-in the fundraisers.
- The joy of working with other individuals who have a positive outlook and dedication to investing in the local community. (We always have a great time!)
- Admin Volunteer Activities
- Assisting with basic back office tasks such as data entry and filing
- Running errands
- Moving records in and out of storage areas
- Preparing materials for promotional events
- Assist with inventory
- Setting up and manning a table at a local event and sharing with people about opportunities within Community Knights (both volunteer and for local 501(c)3s and public school groups)
- Assisting with scheduling promotional events
- Providing feedback to Community Knights’ staff on promotional events and suggestions on how to improve them.
- Community Bingo Night
- Local Booths & Festivals