Designed to identify service gaps within the non-profit sector on the Virginia Peninsula and work collaboratively with key stakeholders to support & nurture the development of new non-profit organizations to strategically fill these gaps.
Developing an ALIGN Strategic Support Team who will be available to work with all non-profits supported by this program.
This Team will include:
- Leaders from local government
- Leaders from local school divisions
- Mentors from Economic Development
- Mentors from the business community
- Accountants familiar with non-profits
- Non-Profit Attorneys
- Bankers experienced in serving non-profits
- IT Professionals
- Marketing Professionals
Work with the ALIGN Strategic Support Team to create local policies that support the growth of innovative non-profits and support community needs.
Create a collaborative office space that will offer a range of office sizes and shared resources to include:
- Conference Rooms
- Training Rooms
- Large Meeting Rooms
- Facility Coordinator
- Copy/Scanner/Office Equipment
- Mail Box
- Social Kitchen area
- Work in partnership with Network Peninsula to develop leadership training opportunities for participants in the ALIGN program
- Develop mentoring opportunities through collaboration with our GIFT program participants
- Create spaces within our facility that allow ALIGN members to oer training in their areas of strength and specialty
Growth for Non-Profits
- We will work in collaboration with the Peninsula Charitable Foundation to analyze available data on the non-profit sector and seek out participants who fill service gaps.
- Develop coalitions of non-profits who serve the same demographic of people and challenge them to work together collaboratively so they can:
- Use resources more effectively
- Share in data collection to be more competitive for larger grants to increase the resource pool
- Include members of the served demographic in problem solving for their community
- Move the needle on solving the deep systemic problems these underserved demographics of citizens face in our community.
- Support non-profits selected for the program from business plan development through development of their first program.
- Access to fundraising through our GIFT program and training programs.