Are you the type of person who loves answering the question “Do you know anyone who…”? Do you enjoy answering recommendation requests on Facebook? Do you see a room full of strangers as a room full of new friends? Then you may be who we are looking for!
Community Knights is looking for the perfect Volunteer Coordinator to support their growing programs in and around the Virginia Peninsula. The ideal person holding this position will enjoy spending time finding new volunteers to get involved with life-changing programs happening through Community Knights.
This is a great position for someone with a heart for our community and a passion to change lives through meaningful connections. And that’s very important to know about this position. We’re in the business of changing and improving lives. This only happens through meaningful connections. By doing this, you will be guiding others towards rewarding volunteer experiences that can change the lives of others in our area.
If making new friends and making meaningful connections sounds right up your alley, we encourage you to apply.
The Volunteer Coordinator position is your opportunity to find the right people to meet needs throughout the Virginia Peninsula. This position works to attract new volunteers to support our current and emerging projects. This position will require traveling around the Virginia Peninsula, networking, social networking, timely follow-ups, data-entry and supporting a volunteer on-boarding process.
- Work with Programs with-in Community Knights to determine Volunteer Needs and Opportunities
- Work with Volunteer Match Program to keep Volunteer Opportunities updated within our database
- Build Community partnerships & relationship to raise awareness of volunteer opportunities at CK
- Promote Volunteering both internally & externally through recruitment, P/R, and social media strategies/campaigns
- Organize profile raising events to attract new volunteers
- Develop job descriptions for all volunteer opportunities
- Develop and facilitate appropriate support and training for volunteers
- Monitor, support, motivate and accredit volunteers and their work
- Celebrate volunteering through many innovative ways
- Attend committees and meeting centered on volunteers
- Manage and track all volunteer activities within CK and track meaningful metrics
Work in coordination with the Development Director to:
- Build Community Partnerships
- Build engagement with CK
- Facilitate an effective and engaging volunteer on-boarding process
- Maintain volunteer participation
- Assess current volunteer needs and aspirations
- Produce regular reports assessing volunteer recruiting and participation progress
Education – College degree (or currently enrolled) in a four-year program
- Networking: Meeting new people and gaining support for projects
- Following up: Checking in on potential volunteer recruits
- Public Speaking: Creating and giving engaging presentations
- Event Planning: Creating and managing events for organizations
- Social Networking: Creating new and engaging content that piques interest and encourage online-interaction
- Computer: Tracking connections and projects through software-based tools
- Reporting: Creating reports showing progress toward a specific objective
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org