Were you born to connect with people and make a difference in your community? When you go out with friends, are you the one that puts the entire event together? Are you the type of person that convinces your friends to go out, even when they said they’re ready to go to sleep?
Then, you sound like the type of person we’re looking for!
We’re looking to fill a brand new Development Director position. It’s is a great opportunity to join a passionate group of community activists, fundraisers and do-ers. We’re knights! When we see a problem, we go after it until it is solved. Nothing stands in our way, especially when it comes to making the Peninsula a happy, healthy and prosperous place.
The right person for this position will share our passion, vision and drive. And as a key-member of our team, this person will work closely with the Founders, local leadership and regional committees to carry out the vision of positively impacting the Virginia Peninsula.
Along with creating meaningful relationships, the Development Director will lead, manage and expand campaigns that build and strengthen communities and donors, increasing revenue through increased corporate, individual, volunteer and civil involvement. This person will also oversee committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and volunteer programs.
Primary Responsibilities Of This Position Include:
- Serve as a primary member of our leadership team
- Help direct and sustain our strategic vision and mission
- Collaborate with others on the Community Knights team, as well as volunteers and committees
- Create and enact strategies focused on raising money, increasing regular donations and building/sustaining corporate involvement and giving
- Be the “face” of Community Knights at networking and community events
- Recruit, manage and develop committees
- Formulate monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for fundraising
- Maintain a list and follow up with current and potential volunteers and donors
Qualifications We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience
- A bachelor’s degree
- A passion to meet and connect with new people
- A record of leading and inspiring groups
- Have a bright, fun and positive demeanor
- Computer savvy, able to maintain a CRM while on the go
- Self-organized, proactive and self-motivated
- A relentless focus on metrics and hitting goals
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org